Wednesday, July 25, 2012

FLATS!

By far my most favorite cloth diaper is the Flat. It can be folded in an array of ways and fits EVERY size baby out there. They dry 1/3 faster than any prefold and can take a beating. These large pieces of cloth have been keeping my youngest butt nice and dry for the past 3 months and I couldn't ask for better absorbency, comfort and trimness. 


The only problem?


 My husband wont change his diaper.


 He has been getting a lot better at the pockets with the older one and occasionally stuffing them in the morning when I forget to get them done, and thankfully has never touched my beloved diaper laundry! 


Now back to the flats. When Tucker was super small I used the origami fold, I will admit I got SUPER excited about the different folds, tried a bunch and this is what stuck... till he out grew it. Now were in a flat rut. So for the time being I have been doing just a tri fold the long way. 



Best recent picture I have, and its perfect because you can compare the flat and the Alvababy with a MF and a Hemp insert. LOVE how trim this is and we haven't had to size up any any clothing even jeans! 

The only downside to flats that I can see happening is once we start solids the spraying out process will get super messy so it looks like we'll be going to all pockets in a few months. 

If I could do my cloth diapering all over again 1. Id start from the day one, in the hospital. 2. Id do a lot more flats and prefolds! So easy and they like a lot less of a hassle for laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment